Is something wrong with the nostril? Or just coloration?

Jul 28, 2018
Should I be concerned that my wcb polish chick has black around nostril? Or is it just a random, unfortunate coloration in the beak that will always be there? I don't know whether to worry, or name it booger. Most of my wcb have some random black spots around face, but is this normal on the beak for this breed? Will the adults have the same spots the chicks do? Or is baby fuzz NOT indicative of adult feathering. Do beaks change color also and shed spots like this?

Attachments

• P8030213.JPG
    P8030213.JPG
    189 KB · Views: 17
This one has a huge blotch on one side of center forehead, and directly behind is the one with a black nostril. The down is kind of indented where the black is. But I'm more concerned about the nostril. I don't want to mistake it for coloring if it is a medical issue. I'd need to let the hatchery know asap if it is something bad.

Attachments

• P8030177.JPG
    P8030177.JPG
    289 KB · Views: 10
You may want to repost in Emergencies, Disease, Illness & Cures for better response. Looks like coloration to me but only you can really see, take a better look & feel it too. Have they been pecked? Does it look like dried blood?

They are so CUTE :love

Back
Top Bottom