Is Tetroxy HCA-280 safe for ducks?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by EJPedrazzi, Mar 17, 2013.

1. EJPedrazzi

EJPedrazzi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2012
    Salinas, CA
    I have a week or so old duckling who seems fine generally, although she has a watery eye. I've given her a bath so she can swim and rinse and preen but it still seems to be watery. This morning I notice she's quite lethargic. Not overly so, maybe I'm just being paranoid but I'd like to give her some medication. I'm just wondering if Tetroxy HCA-280 is safe for ducks? It doesn't say so on the packet, and I know ducks can be sensitive to some medications.

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks

2. knightie

knightie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2012
    No one answered this? Grr I need that answer have a duckling breathing heavy and that is the antibiotic we have (was actually for the parrots but ....)

3. ten chicks

ten chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2013
    MB,Canada
    I would post in the duck forum,someone there should have the answer. I have looked up medication,but can only find info for chickens and turkeys.

4. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    If one has a runny eye and is lethargic and the other breathing heavy? I'd get some Tylan. Probably at a feed store or Tractor supply , or on line. It may be for other livestock, or for poultry. But the dose is a tsp per gallon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by