1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is the a Golden Girl or Italian girl ?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by swheat, Nov 7, 2011.

1. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
    This is the last one I have to visually sex, (the others are Tibetan so waiting on the lights to get them in the mood and going so I can vent sex them). I am thinking girl because of the spotted breast on this one ??? Is this one golden or italian ??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Italian girl indeed. Looks like a sweety. Love the last pic!!

3. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Again, Thanks ! She finally starting posing on the last pic [​IMG] or giving me the "are we done yet" look...

4. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    I think she was more angered as her back started to raise [​IMG] they are so silly!

5. joe125

joe125 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2010
    It's technically a "GOLDEN" on my farm, but that's just me.

Great pics! It's amazing you got 2 off before she evacuated her bowels or threw up!

6. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
    LOL, and I really knew better than to put her on top of my pc tower for pics [​IMG]

7. joe125

joe125 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2010
    Quote:No matter where you put them...they will leave you one or two surprises!

There is this spot on my back...I can't reach it with my hands or feet, but there is probably quail poop back there. I don't know how the heck it gets back there, but it does!

8. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay

There is this spot on my back...I can't reach it with my hands or feet, but there is probably quail poop back there. I don't know how the heck it gets back there, but it does!

I call them presents! My parrots aim better tho!

9. The Critter Place

The Critter Place Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson, Az.

I call them presents! My parrots aim better tho!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    That they do! LOL!

We've always refereed to them as presents too.

Beautiful bird!
    I love the last photo too!
    I know my Coturnix can be little hams. Too bad the button don't sit still like they do. LOL!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by