Is the a roo & what breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by WVChickenFarmer, Aug 4, 2011.

1. WVChickenFarmer

WVChickenFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Union, WV
    This is Donald he/she is now 9 weeks old. So I figured you all could help me out little more now. I'm pretty much thinking rooster but still could be a pullet. But he does have 3 rows on the comb.
    I'm just curious if you all think Donald really is a Donald and what breed or breeds he could be.

Sorry there are so many pictures.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Totally a roo. He's an EE and cochin?

3. WVChickenFarmer

May 6, 2011
    Union, WV
    Yeah, I kind of figured he might be a roo. Now I have to decide which rooster/s we are going to keep. This is going to be hard. He is rooster #5 out of 17 chickens. I don't know when will be best time try find homes for at least 3 of the roosters. I already have 2 that have little scruff from time to time.

I'm pretty sure we will be keeping Donald for sure as long as he don't get mean.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  4. 10 point

10 point country boy

Feb 19, 2011
    LaFayette, NY
    a roo and some sort of EE

5. teeville5

teeville5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Michigan
    Quote:I know the feeling! My 7th confirmed roo of 39 looks a bit like yours. I even have the 2 scruffers as well. [​IMG] Boys [​IMG]

6. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    100% rooster.

7. WVChickenFarmer

May 6, 2011
    Union, WV
    Quote:I know the feeling! My 7th confirmed roo of 39 looks a bit like yours. I even have the 2 scruffers as well. [​IMG] Boys [​IMG]

Yeah, I wish they would get along so I wouldn't have find homes for them. [​IMG] But I know that is more then likely not going happen. Even though my aunt has like 8 roosters that seem to get along.

But we have to find homes for at least 3 because I'd like have either some more pullets or guineas. So I have to make room. [​IMG]

8. WVChickenFarmer

May 6, 2011
    Union, WV
    Thanks so much for your all's help. That is cool if he is a EE mix I really like EE's. My dad has a EE rooster but he is kind of mean. They are beautiful chickens.

9. mikensara

mikensara Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2011
    New York
    i had no trouble rehoming a roo today. I called up some friends that keep chickens and have other family and friends that do and within an hour i had him rehomed it also helped that i was willing to transport him too.

10. WVChickenFarmer

May 6, 2011
    Union, WV
    Quote:That is really great! [​IMG] I wish I had more friends and family that keep chickens. But my aunt already has 8 of her own and my dad has at least 2 maybe 3 roosters of his own. So it is going be hard finding someone to take them. This is one part I don't like raising chickens from chicks. I have gotten attached to all of them. [​IMG] But I know I am going have to find homes for some of them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by