Is the Coop Big Enough??

I would assume at a min 3sq ft per standard size bird so 8?????? Although the Amish, Mennonites and Hutterites are pretty good chicken farmers so maybe 12 -13 would be ok. Just a guess!

That seems pretty tiny to me. It's a beautiful coop, but I bet you could find or have built a simpler coop - a much bigger one for more chickens! - for the same price or less. We had 6 chickens in a 4' x 4' coop, and it worked until the pecking order really set in. I definitely recommend making room for chicken politics.

Final word, I've never heard anyone say they wish their coop was smaller
smile.png

I think my counting is off because I counted 14 +

They all fit well and are comfy, well all but my original rooster who fought with the other game rooster, hes starting fights and bleeding but has calmed down and looks fine so if hes alive in the morning then he'll stay alive. We don't have anything to separate them and my mom won't listen to me so I'm just gonna pray hes alive in the morning. Our hens have become friends with other hens, like our leghorn is friends with this REALLY fat chicken. I'll add pictures once I find the camera
roll.png
Thanks for the replies but we didn't have any other choice we said we would take all of them (and didn't help that he had like 3 more roosters then what we thought) Y'all have been helpful to see how comfy they will be and how many we should get rid of.

13-14 is waaaay too many chickens for that coop. With 24 sq feet total, 6 standard sized birds is the max recommended. When chickens are over crowded, you will see a rise in feather picking, bullying and disease/parasites. if you put 14 chickens in that coop, you're gonna have problems.

Back
Top Bottom