Is the hova bator incubator any good??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by gameboygal12, May 22, 2011.

1. gameboygal12

gameboygal12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    After my cheesy incubator killed all my chicks, I decided to get a new one. I found the HOVA-BATOR INCUBATOR 1602N with an auto turner for a really good price. All I want to know before I buy it, Is it any good? please post if you have one!

2. chknfrmr

chknfrmr Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2010
    I just hatched my first eggs in a Hova-bator 1602N w/ turner. It seems to work as advertised. I got 19 chicks from 31 viable eggs. I did get a few temperature spikes, but the humidity stayed pretty constant.

Lamar

3. gameboygal12

gameboygal12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2010
    Quote:Temperature spikes was the problem with my incubator, I would rather have an incubator that doesn't change temp all the time.

4. BawGock

BawGock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2009
    Idaho Panhandle, USA
    Quote:Temperature spikes was the problem with my incubator, I would rather have an incubator that doesn't change temp all the time.

I would recommend the Hovabator Genesis 1588. Preset electronic thermostat instead of the wafer type.
    Set it and forget it. [​IMG]
    Carolyn

5. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop

I would recommend the Hovabator Genesis 1588. Preset electronic thermostat instead of the wafer type.
    Set it and forget it. [​IMG]
    Carolyn

X2 All 3 of our incubators are Hovabators (1602, 2362, & 1588), but I like the 1588 the best & it was definately worth the price.

6. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    I have both the 1602 and the 1588. I have great hatches in the 1588. The 1602 routinely spikes temperatures and kills everything inside. It is worth the extra money to get a 1588. I have run mine continuously since March and it has worked great. This is season two hatching in it and it has been wonderful. To add to the greatness, when I had a problem with the power supply cord and called GFQ, they put a replacement part in the mail that day with no charge. The bator was up and running within three days. The customer service was excellent!

7. fatbassetvineyards

fatbassetvineyards Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Redding CA
    [​IMG]I love my 1588. I would recommend it. I got on LG still air for my classroom and will not use it again until I have a fan in it. The problems with the chicks when they are hatching are not worth it.

8. mickt

mickt Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2011
    hi trere i started with a still air hova bator and hatched duck chicken and quail and i found it to be good but i had a lot of trouble with temp if it was a hot day i had to watch it and if we had a cold snap over night temp would go down so had to play with it all the time so i bought one of those hex bators of the net and can say they are fantastic it can be 36deg day and 15deg night and i dont have to touch it it will handle it . regards mick

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by