Is the hova bator incubator any good??

gameboygal12

Songster
9 Years
Feb 24, 2010
After my cheesy incubator killed all my chicks, I decided to get a new one. I found the HOVA-BATOR INCUBATOR 1602N with an auto turner for a really good price. All I want to know before I buy it, Is it any good? please post if you have one!

I just hatched my first eggs in a Hova-bator 1602N w/ turner. It seems to work as advertised. I got 19 chicks from 31 viable eggs. I did get a few temperature spikes, but the humidity stayed pretty constant.

Lamar

Quote:
Temperature spikes was the problem with my incubator, I would rather have an incubator that doesn't change temp all the time.

Quote:
Temperature spikes was the problem with my incubator, I would rather have an incubator that doesn't change temp all the time.

I would recommend the Hovabator Genesis 1588. Preset electronic thermostat instead of the wafer type.
Set it and forget it.
smile.png

Carolyn

Quote:

I would recommend the Hovabator Genesis 1588. Preset electronic thermostat instead of the wafer type.
Set it and forget it.
smile.png

Carolyn

X2 All 3 of our incubators are Hovabators (1602, 2362, & 1588), but I like the 1588 the best & it was definately worth the price.

I have both the 1602 and the 1588. I have great hatches in the 1588. The 1602 routinely spikes temperatures and kills everything inside. It is worth the extra money to get a 1588. I have run mine continuously since March and it has worked great. This is season two hatching in it and it has been wonderful. To add to the greatness, when I had a problem with the power supply cord and called GFQ, they put a replacement part in the mail that day with no charge. The bator was up and running within three days. The customer service was excellent!

love.gif
I love my 1588. I would recommend it. I got on LG still air for my classroom and will not use it again until I have a fan in it. The problems with the chicks when they are hatching are not worth it.

hi trere i started with a still air hova bator and hatched duck chicken and quail and i found it to be good but i had a lot of trouble with temp if it was a hot day i had to watch it and if we had a cold snap over night temp would go down so had to play with it all the time so i bought one of those hex bators of the net and can say they are fantastic it can be 36deg day and 15deg night and i dont have to touch it it will handle it . regards mick

Back
Top Bottom