Is the Hovabator Genesis to good to be true?

sd1993

Chirping
9 Years
May 1, 2013
I just bought the Hovabator 1588 a week ago, I set it up and let it run for a day than placed some eggs I already had in my Little Giant to finish in the Genesis because I'm using the LG as a hatcher. I do not have a thermometer in the Genesis because even if the temperature was to high or low I wouldn't adjust it because it needs time to break in, and I had a $25 spot check thermometer I bought new a couple years ago and used on two hatches and now it is broken and only reads L degrees Farenheit, which is wrong because I know it is over 90 in the incubator, I emailed GQF and they told me they can't help me and I need to buy a new one; my other thermometer is a walmart special and it is in the Little Giant. The digital thermometer on the top of the Genesis has been reading 99.8 to 100.5 which is great! I haven't touched it, my house at night gets down to the 60's and up to the 80's during the day and the temp in the incubator doesn't move at all. Is it to good to be true? I'm not used to this. Should I not trust the Genesis thermometer?

na i think your ok

last year in zero Centigrade i incubated 24 eggs in the garden shed

the temp outside was zero or under

but the bator stayed on temp and i even hatched every single one

I have a 1588. The first time I hatched it did great. I had the house at 70 degrees and it held the temp perfect and I got a 90% hatch with shipped eggs. Fast forward, If the temp of the building is low the temp falls in the bator significantly. I have had late hatches ever since even though I have up'd the temp some. My house temps were in the 60's I have to get me a better thermometer to place inside to check the temp. I find no mater what incubator you use the surrounding temp. does matter.

Back
Top Bottom