1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is the winter over in the south????

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chilling in muscadine, Jan 10, 2009.

1. chilling in muscadine

chilling in muscadine { I love being disfunctual }

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    The blame flys are out already. Whats up with that? It has been very mild weather lately. The black birds are coming through. I have canadian geese that spend the day in the pond by my house every year, coming and going. If I hear these guys come through were done. Wouldn't that be nice?

2. 1acrefarm

1acrefarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2007
    Georgia
    This sure has been a weird winter. It is saving me alot of work on firewood though.[​IMG]

3. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

It's not over here yet...but if we aren't going to get snow outta this deal, it might as well be!!!

4. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    If you're missing that white stuff, we got enough here to share.

5. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Not over here yet either, its susposed to be in the 30's all next week for highs.........BRRRRR

6. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

Weve got COLD (for us) coming next week!!! But while walking through the woods today to my deer stand, I saw daffodils blooming!!!!!!!!

7. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Send it on down this way!!!

8. chilling in muscadine

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    It has been weird. We got Jan. cold weather in oct and Nov. Now its Jan. and we haven't had to have any heat on. Its raining like we get in the spring. We don't watch any weather reports in this house. We watch what the wildlife is doing like they used to do years ago.

9. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Wait until March. That's when we usually get hit with an ice storm. We don't get anything that comes out of the App. Mts. but if it comes out of Atlanta, we get hit bad. [​IMG]

10. chilling in muscadine

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    It has saved us a lot of work on firewood too. This is the first year we have heated with a wood heater.

Lets just hope March will come in like a lion so it will leave like a lamb.

I'm still gonna watch for those canadian geese to come through. You can't miss them they are so loud. lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by