1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

is there a bird called a chu?

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by tunaoftheland, Jul 25, 2008.

1. tunaoftheland

tunaoftheland Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    I ask because when I was at my local feed store picking up chick food, they had a big bin of these little chicks and the label said "chu". I was distracted from asking the feed store guys by the bin of day old quail that made me wish I had an apron so I could scoop them all up and, I don't know, hug them really carefully, or eat them or something, they were so cute. I did a couple searches and haven't been able to find anything. So is a chu an actual bird, or did they just put random letters on the sign, or is it a nickname, or what? I am quite curious, especially since I can't find out. They were very cute and it was only their proximity to the quail that distracted me. Thank you much for any info [​IMG]

2. tunaoftheland

tunaoftheland Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    yes! Yes, that is them! Haha, I guess that's why the searches didn't bring up anything. Thanks, now at least I can look up info on the proper bird, since I haven't heard of a chukar either [​IMG]

3. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Haha, Im glad I could help! I was thinkin, Chu is just weird, maybe its Chukar! I know nothing about them, but they are gorgeous birds. Good luck with your search!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by