is there a Brinsea hatch-along for August going on?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by heksa, Aug 2, 2011.

1. heksa

heksa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2010
    Indiana
    Sorry, it's been a while since I visited this forum. Couldn't figure out why my password wasn't working. [​IMG]

I don't see any hatch-along thread for August, is there any?

I have bobwhite quail eggs in the Octo 20 incubator, that are due in two weeks, and would like to join if possible.

2. madamwlf

madamwlf Nevermore Acres

Aug 22, 2010
    Mount Airy, MD
    I haven't seen a hatch-a-long in quite a few months. Not sure any have been going on.

3. heksa

Jun 21, 2010
    Indiana
    That's a bummer. [​IMG]
    Thanks! [​IMG]

4. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

I just set 19 turkey eggs (shipped) on August 1st if that helps any..

5. heksa

Jun 21, 2010
    Indiana
    Cool! So there are two of us! [​IMG]

Good luck!

6. yinepu

Thanks.. good luck to you as well.. and I'm sure there are more ... they are just hiding! [​IMG]

7. rarely bored

rarely bored Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2011
    Central California
    Debating if it is too hot to order eggs. I'm looking for any threads here that discuss this little issue. But, I suppose, by the time I recieved the eggs, it would be a September hatch. [​IMG]
    I want turkeys!! Hmmm, back to auctions... [​IMG]

8. heksa

Jun 21, 2010
    Indiana
    I always get my eggs locally. So far I've had no luck with shipped eggs no matter how hot the weather was. The quail eggs my husband bought on e-bay, I think, came half squished and the ones that made it in one piece never developed into anything. .... So I just stick locally so I can go pick them up myself. I had great success with all of these.

I don't know about turkeys, but this late in a season we decided on quail because they grow very fast and are mature within a few months.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  9. yinepu

these turkey eggs look like I went out and picked them up from our nests.. basically they look perfect.. no detached air cells.. no scrambled eggs.. I was amazed.. now hopefully they didnt get too hot in transit and hopefully they are fertile... so I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed that i have a really good hatch from them

in all honesty.. with as hot as it has been.. I really expected them to be in horrible shape... needless to say I was pleasantly surprised!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by