is there a dentist in the house?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Dar, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    I have a dental question... is there anyone here whos a dentist?... (I thought there was a while ago)

2. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Pick me! Pick me!! [​IMG]

Just kidding. [​IMG]

3. Dar

Jul 31, 2008
    Quote:you tease...LOL

4. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Mahonri is a dentist.

5. Dar

Jul 31, 2008
    Quote:I thought so... but he is offline... oh well I will wait till I see him back here...

thanks

I got a filling in the VERY back bottom tooth on the right side on Thursday morning... freezing came out fine no pain thursday night... friday... today saturday I notice my gum is swollen and there is pain to floss and brush.. no foul taste or blood...

what the heck is up with that?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    sounds like the filling was probably deep and you will most likely need a root canal and a crown.

Take a spoon and tap on the side of the tooth. If it hurts, you might need a canal.

Does it feel like the first thing you touch when you bite on your back teeth?

If it is the first thing you touch, it might be a quick fix when you go back to the dentist, a quick adjustment and it's done,

BUT if it's very painful to tap on it and you are swollen, then you'll probably need a canal.

Can you call his Emergency number and ask him to phone you in some antibiotics and pain meds?

I'd try that first.

Good luck and may God bless. Wish you were in Phoenix, Dar would meet Dar at the office!

7. Dar

Jul 31, 2008
    the tooth itself is fine no pain at all... its the gum...

it feels like I have something trapped between the teeth... so I flossed and it hurt even more... when i take my tongue and go along the gumline the gum feels swollen...

you know that lil clampy thingie that they use to form the filling... it almost feels like that was not placed properly and may have nicked the gum

the bite / adjustment is fine its the right height too... thats all fine

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by