Is there a good hanging water feeder I can use in the brooding area for Chicks?

Mar 17, 2022
Purcellville, VA
Hello,

Is there a better, possibly hanging, water feeder I can use for chicks? I got their current water feeder in a beginners poultry kit from Southern States. If filled too much it seems to leak and create a large wet area in the brooding area.

I also think it might be nice to maximize their space.

Thank you!

Make one.
baby bottle close up.png
babies using bottle.jpg

Hello,

Is there a better, possibly hanging, water feeder I can use for chicks? I got their current water feeder in a beginners poultry kit from Southern States. If filled too much it seems to leak and create a large wet area in the brooding area.

Thank you!
Little Giant has one.

Do you have a standard chick waterer with the red base, like pictured in the upper left hand corner? I have a mason jar on mine, you probably have a plastic container. If this is the kind you have, it needs to be level or it can leak over the top. I have mine on a wood platform, this also keeps shavings out.

2019 brooder 2.jpg

Do you have a standard chick waterer with the red base, like pictured in the upper left hand corner? I have a mason jar on mine, you probably have a plastic container. If this is the kind you have, it needs to be level or it can leak over the top. I have mine on a wood platform, this also keeps shavings out.

View attachment 3030553
I did put it on a piece of wood yesterday, I think they now regard it as a personal challenge to fill it with bedding. 😂

I did put it on a piece of wood yesterday, I think they now regard it as a personal challenge to fill it with bedding. 😂
Raise it up to the back height of the chicks, if it's not on a bigger platform, like I have.

It might be time to make a horizontal nipple waterer. The water stays clean. The pitcher in my picture, is how I transition chicks to using the nipples. It doesn't take up much room.

Hello,

Thank you!
Get a small bucket and put the water nipples in the bottom of it. The chicks learn to use them pretty quickly. Clean water and no mess. Saves time as well because you don’t have to fill their water as often.

Back
Top Bottom