Is there a good reliable hatchery/breeder in oregon?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by missychicky, Aug 22, 2011.

1. missychicky

missychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2009
    Milwuakie. OR
    I am looking for day old chicks of possible show quality quechua/aracuana/amerecana/easter egger. I am also looking for dual purpose breeds of the same quality. I would like to support a local breeder and get a high quality bird. Does anyone know a good breeder around oregon?

2. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    I know a show breeder in Central Oregon who has really super nice poultry. If that's not too far for you, I'll see if I can dig out her phone number and PM you.

Her Black Cochin hen took best chicken and her turkey was best in show at our local fair, and I know that same turkey has been best turkey at APA shows. I know she shows and wins at APA shows, too. She's a very nice and helpful lady.

I don't know how many breeds she has, but she brought a couple of birds for every division offered and they were all extra nice and won lots of ribbons.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  3. missychicky

missychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2009
    Milwuakie. OR
    That sounds wonderfull! please send me some info about her so I can get in touch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by