is there a hatchery that will ship small quantities?

Ian

Hatching
11 Years
May 8, 2008
I know this has probably ben answered, but I'm finding that most chick farmers online want to send 10-15 at a time. I only want 3. any suggestions?

Ian

Murray McMurray will send 1-100 chicks for one breed. I think you can only buy like 100 Rhode Island Reds and more birds then that but you cant get over 100 birds of the same breed. You can also order phesents ducks and turkeys along with the chickens... Dunno if the ducks phesents and turkeys are the same as the chickens. Hope this helps!
tongue2.gif

Last edited:
MyPetChicken sends as few as three but if you want any of those to be bantams you will have to order more. And there is a certain minimum if you want them to be delivered to a local post office.

I contacted a local feed store to find someone else to go in with me on an order so we could meet the requirements. Ten healthy chicks arrived and I am so far very pleased. My friend lost one of hers but I think it was due to pasty butt, not anything wrong with the chicks based on the hatchery or shipping.

Some of the smaller breeders will let you pick up small quantities at their farms. Also check out the sales sections on BYC. You never know. There are also local swaps and sales you may be able to find in your area. Check the index here. If you are near western Md, you can go to Whitmore Farm and pick up a few chicks on-site, with an appointment. Good luck!
frow.gif

Last edited:
Feed stores usually have them and you can buy one or more from them without a minimum, but at this time of year it's kind of late for that. Could check Craigslist for someone who may have chicks available.

Back
Top Bottom