Is there a Rooster outlet in Maine?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Unpenned Hen, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Unpenned Hen

Unpenned Hen Out Of The Brooder

Nov 5, 2007
    Does anyone need a self winding alarm clock/ automatic lawn fertilizer dispenser? I have five to go to new homes or Dad is going to give them a new home in the freezer! HALP! These are my first hatchlings from last spring... i can't eat my babies! Mr Yellow Legs is a pure white Ameraucana/Golden Comet mix and Mutley is a red and white splashy Ameraucana/Golden Comet mix and the triplets are pure Ameraucanas from blue eggs...beautifully marked with dark shades of red and gold shoulders and black/green tail feathers. All too nice and friendly to eat. Every one should have at least one rooster... it's the law. LOL...I'm keeping Mr. Red, the Ameraucana Father!
    I'm in the South central part of Maine, BTW.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
  2. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    [​IMG]
    I hope you find homes for them. I had 8 at one time that had to go. I just couldn't eat them either.

3. Unpenned Hen

Nov 5, 2007
    Thanks for the encouragement, this is my first attempt at putting roosters up for adoption.
    They are really cool roosters, I would sell them if I had more time. I'm going to try to post some pictures tonight.
    The pure bred Ameraucanas look like show quality to me.
    [​IMG]

4. aran

aran Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2007
    rochester ny
    list em on craigslist...i did that when I thinned out the flock earlier in the summer and all birds including roosters were gone within 1-2days.

5. countyroad1330

countyroad1330 Thunder Snow 2009!

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    If you have to, you could try checking www.PetFinder.com to see if there's an adoption agency in your area that will accept them. There should be, since it is a law limit to one roo. Good luck!

6. Unpenned Hen

Nov 5, 2007
    Thanks for the links but the craigslist scared me with all those $100/$25 fines for viololating their rules. The pet thingie didn't list chickens. I could advertize them locally in bargain finder mags but I really wanted them to go to chicken lovers, not eaters.[​IMG] I finally got some decent pictures:

These came from my Ameraucana rooster and hen's blue eggs:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Monseiur Chapeau wears his comb to the side , over one eye:

[​IMG]

And the two mutts:

[​IMG]

I've been doing a lot of reading so now I'm pretty sure they are Easter Eggers and not technically Ameraucanas but my EE hens do lay blue eggs except for one that lays an olive green egg which is very cool, too. Their tails are a little ragged because they have been playing tag football some this fall. [​IMG] These are from my spring hatch. My first and probably last batch... Unless I can figure out how to sex them in the shell [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
  7. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    Gorgeous but I do not need anymore roosters I do not need anymore roosters...I am hoping that if I repeat it enough I won't go get one or two!! [​IMG] They are gorgeous guys.... did i mention that??

You can try placing an add in the Uncle Henry's.
    I always have good luck posting in there. It's how I met Wendy (mario2girls) who has done nothing but feed my Silkie addiction. I wanted 1 hen and now I have 23 Silkies. [​IMG] that's okay...I just sent her Silkie hatching eggs. [​IMG]

How much did you want for that second guy?? I really don't need him...I'm just curious.

8. Wooden_Pony

Wooden_Pony Chillin' With My Peeps

OH I wish I was closer and could have a second roo! I am pushing it with my baby one I have.

The top two are BEAUTIFUL and I have a three EE gilrs that would treat one so well [​IMG]

Good luckon your search for finding them good homes. On craigslist just an FYI you CAN sell Livestock and Poultry with no fines.

How much did you want for that second guy?? I really don't need him...I'm just curious.

Thanks for the giggle Angie!! You will be a good momma to him!! LOL​

Last edited: Nov 9, 2007
  9. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    You can post them on craigslist in the farm and garden section. no fines.

10. SeaChick

SeaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    Southern Maine
    Yeah, I see poultry in Maine/craigslist Farm & Garden..... OR put a notice up on your local feed stores' bulletin boards. The Blue Seal in S. Windham said they move a lot of roos that way.
    Good luck!
    Stacey

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by