is there a sign of change?

conny63malies

Crowing
13 Years
Mar 22, 2008
Annetta Kentucky
Last night my husband and oldest daughter(she is 10) were goofing around on Ebay. This morning he is all sudden interested in a book of being self reliant, heirloom seeds, survival in lean times...... Is there a change in my soldier husband that loves his motorcycles, hunting and fishing. HE even asked if a particular mobile home 0n 2o acres in a certain area was still avial.( its gone, 29K was a awesome price even with a trailer that was vandalized). Seems like he is turning around and being able to live well with minimal grocery shopping is a step closer. He even asked about how to store 50 pound bags of rice....

thumbsup.gif

I believe that there is hope. He's already half way there with the hunting and fishing. Start planning that garden while he is interested.

How exciting for you! I was very happy when my own dh took an interest in things I was saying/doing rather than giving the response of ,"Yes dear that sounds like a good idea." His interest spurred me to do more.

Get him looking into mylar bags and oxygen absorbers for 5 gallon buckets. That is the best way to store rice, dried beans, pasta, flour, etc...

I have bought and used 20# bags of Jasmine rice for years. I split it up into sealable large tupperware containers..and top with a bay leaf to keep bugs at bay. I suppose you could also use a seal-a-meal on it...making your own smaller bags of rice.

yes, indeedie! My DH has slowly gone from "it's green, so what?" to "how much bigger can the garden get, look, I made sauerkraut out of turnips!" and "now that I can do chickens, I want rabbits and I want them NOW".
smile.png

We've been together (oops, old fart alert) a couple decades. It rubs off.

Well wer got atleast two more years until he retires from the Army. Good thing is our youngest insists since she is 18 month old for a pet pig for birthday and christmas. She has quite the collection of toys , but a potbelly or mini pig is still out there waiting.

Back
Top Bottom