Is there a site where you can check your chickens droppings ?

Farmlife4me

In the Brooder
10 Years
Oct 27, 2009
Old Town, Florida
My daughters OEGB Roo has some strange droppings . Its watery, with some white and some green in it ... my computer has been giving me trouble with downlaoding pics. so sorry no pics... but I thought there was a site that had some pics on it ...it has been cold here the last few days .. could that be it ?

thanks ya'll i will look right a way ..and let ya'll know what i find ...
lol.png

Sounds good. Just an FYI, I've had molting hens (major molt--looked like a pillow fight in the coop) have droppings like what you described. I think the stress of the molt slowed their systems down so they weren't processing their food like they should. Anyhow, don't get too freaked out if the charts make it look like his system is shutting down, he may just be stressed out by the weather change. I brought the hens inside for a few days and gave them some extra tlc and they perked back up. How old is your daughters roo?

OK I checked it out and it looked like "coccidiosis with a respiratory hitting him " how do I treat that and how and what is coccidiosis ?
Kittymomma my daughters 4-H leader gave him to her .. I would say 1yr. or just lil over... he does crow. and he is in a pen only with a female "friend"
wink.png
and her droppings are fine looking ... this is the first time I have had to deal with this ..I am fixin to look up this coccidiosis .... thanks alot ...

I use Corid for cocci, but you can also use Sulmat if that is easier for you to get. I haven't had to deal with any upper res. here, but I think I'd bring him in out of the cold weather if possible. You'll also need to treat the hen that is in with him for the cocci. Does he show any signs of upper res. like wheezy or labored breathing?

Sometimes you'll get some odd droppings just.....well, I don't know why, but unless the bird is in obvious distress I usually bring them into the chicken hospital (lg. dog crate in the bathroom) so I can watch them for a day or two--monitor how much they're eating/drinking and see what comes out the other end for 24 hours or so.

Good luck with him and keep the updates coming.

ok my boy has a upper resp. infection...he took a REALLY BAD TURN this morning, not moving, eyes closed, tail completey down, no crow at all and gasping for breath and he had lost weight . I got in touch with my daughters 4-H leader (who is dixiechick on here) and she gave me some meds til I can get some this weekend . It was really touch and go today. But we kept praying and I kept giving him small drops of the meds in his water off and on all day now his comb has turned back red , he opens his eyes EVERY ONCE in awhile, he also laid his wings out and lifted his head up just about 30mins ago. I have him inside with a light on him and right next beside me . Just keep him in your "chicken prayers" 2 night
fl.gif
. I am praying he pulls thru .. I will keep you updated !! and thank you IMP those site were very helpful !!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom