Is there an automatic turner for an LG 9200?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Rare Feathers Farm, May 20, 2008.

1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I have an LG (still air) that I bought in 2001 or 2002. It's a 9200 Model. My issue is that I have maxed out the capacity of it & now when I go to hand-turn the eggs, the temps drop up to 10 degrees & then it takes them up to 1/2 or sometimes MORE to come back up to the right temp...so I thought if they made something that fit that, I'd be better off than opening it up & losing warm air....

2. swiftfoot

swiftfoot Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2007
    Blountville , TN
    yes there is i use the new 6200 model

3. Rare Feathers Farm

Quote:I'm just wondering if it will fit into my old 9200? It's like 7 or 8 years old...

I did a google search but it looks like the auto turners cost about as much as a new incubator??

4. swiftfoot

swiftfoot Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2007
    Blountville , TN
    yes they cost the same i paid $44 for mine
    but it has increased my hatch rate by 20% on my first hatch
    with shipped eggs

5. Rare Feathers Farm

Hmm.....I'm wondering if I should get one or just save my money & buy the Genesis with a turner? Since reducing my # of turns to just 2 times per day, I've gone from 30% hatches to almost 80% with shipped eggs...but I'm striving for 100%, of course. Which may be impossible with shipped eggs, but it's always good to have a goal, right? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by