Is there an awesome incubator out there?

FrostyWind

Songster
Jun 12, 2016
Right so
Is there an incubator that can hatch any type/species of eggs?
It must include an egg turner and humidity gauge or something?
Can the incubator be adjusted for any egg that gets put into it.
Lets say my jacobin pigeon female laid 2 eggs and she broke one, and she nearly almost broke the other but I manage to get it(this isn't happening remember), so I took the egg but I don't even have somewhere to keep it waem except a heating blanket, but im not there 24/7 to check and turn it all the time?
Is there an incubator that hatch any egg or I can adjust it for that type of egg(without even knowing the temperature for the egg)? I mean I come across all shape abd sizes of eggs, from wrens, sparrows, parrots, chickens, pigeons, peacocks, ostriches, emus l, guinea fowl etc
Is there an incubator very close and simular to what im trying to describe?
Or I can build it? Or buy it?

I know that a GQF sportsman is very adaptable for any type of egg. You can buy turkey, chicken, and even quail trays for it and it can be set at any temperature. I don't know how many eggs you might process but it is a large incubator.
This is just the one that I have.
Also, I have heard that the smaller incubators like little giant incubators are decent. They also have automatic egg turners that would be easy to manipulate to fit smaller/larger eggs.

Short answer is yes. When I was in the market (ended up not buying one at all though), I noticed several brands with temp/humidity settings and egg turners, and most were equipped for chicken eggs but had an adapter for quail eggs, which I presume can be used for any quail sized egg.

The Sportsman I have on permanent loan to me from a friend was used for ostrich and emu eggs in its previous life. I use it for Turkey, pheasants, chickens and the occasional duck.

It’s around 25 years old and as far as I know it’s completely original, excellent units.

You buy the incubator and then buy the trays that fit the eggs you want. Any incubator should be able to hatch many kinds of eggs, if you have this kind of tray that will be connected to the mechanism that helps turn the egg. Eg,lizard, turtle, chicken, quail, pigeon, etc

After that, it is a matter of setting the temperature and humidity to the requirements for the egg, which you need to research on and find out. No need to experiment and lose lots of eggs since that info should be available already.

Give you pigeons more calcium and a better diet... then the eggs will be strong.

And get over you obsession with trying to hand raise pigeon and doves... better leave it to the parents.

PS. Hope you are not going to start stealing parrot eggs from the wild too. You might end up in prison. I mean how do you just 'come across' eggs or wrens, sparrows, and parrots?

Back
Top Bottom