1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

is there an egg chart somewhere to show eggs from different breeds?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by spish, Jan 26, 2011.

1. spish

spish De Regenboog Kippetjes

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    i have cochin bantams and chabos running together and *someone* (or should i say 2 someones!) have been laying lots of eggs, 14 in 7 days to be exact! both lots of eggs are white yet one half are shorter/stubbier that the other 7......
    any idea what chabo eggs look like and what cochin kriel eggs look like? colour? shape?

2. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
  3. KCchickens

KCchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2010
    Fayette county, IL
    Quote:You beat me to it! : P. Yea cats critters does have alot of pictures on there!

4. spish

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    thanks for the link but sadly theres no chabo eggs there to compare to..and she says the cochin eggs are brown yet look white on the photo so im confused?

5. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
  6. spish

Apr 7, 2010
    Belgium
    hmmm all these cochin eggs seem to have a brownish hue to them, the eggs i have (both lots) are whiter than white! hmmm maybe chabo then? hopefully someone will come along in a bit with some chabo egg pictures!

7. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
  8. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    If you really want to figure out who is laying what, you could use food coloring on the hens vents. You could use a color like green on one breed and a color like blue or yellow on the other breed. I would not use red. The food coloring is totally harmless.

9. mychookschick

mychookschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2009
    Maine
    Quote:[​IMG] I LOOOOVVVVEEE that chart!! [​IMG] It is amazing and has been saved to my laptop!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by