Is there any difference??

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by CooCoo4Chickens, Nov 13, 2010.

1. CooCoo4Chickens

CooCoo4Chickens Out Of The Brooder

Nov 13, 2010
    new jersey
    Is there any difference between Red sex-link chickens besides their parents? And what type do you like best?

2. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    If your wanting high egg production, my favorites are: McMurray's Red Stars, Cackle's Golden Comets, and Ideal's Gold Sex-Links, in no particular order. [​IMG]

3. BookWorm243

BookWorm243 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Franklin, NC
    Red Stars, Golden Comets, Red Sex Links, Gold Star, Isa Brown, Amber Links and Golden Sexlinks are all the same bird just differnt names. I like to get mine from My Pet Chicken, not that it matters they are the same at every hatchery

4. RAREROO

RAREROO Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    They are probably all about the same, the names are all confusing becuase there is so much conflicting information as to which breeds are crossed to make all the particular name brands when a lot of times they are four way crosses anyway. But they are basicly all the same. Just some carry Dom White and have white tails and some have black tails.

5. RAREROO

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:Just a small correction, Amber Links are not the same as the others, they are white with red markings in both sexes and are feather sexed rather than color sexed. But as far as laying and all the good stuff, they are probably about the same.

6. BookWorm243

BookWorm243 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Franklin, NC
    Quote:Just a small correction, Amber Links are not the same as the others, they are white with red markings in both sexes and are feather sexed rather than color sexed. But as far as laying and all the good stuff, they are probably about the same.

Sorry forgot to put that in [​IMG]

7. Newyorkrita

Newyorkrita Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2010

So how are the Amber LInks feather sexed? I need really easy to tell the boys from the girls [​IMG]

8. RAREROO

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga

So how are the Amber LInks feather sexed? I need really easy to tell the boys from the girls [​IMG]

It has to be bred for, they cross a rapid feathering breed rooster like a White Leghorn with a slow feathering breed like RIR and that makes pullets that feahter faster and has longer wing feathers than the males.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by