is there any fence that can keep quail jn?

risingeaglefarm

Chirping
5 Years
Oct 2, 2014
I was thinking of planting a corn field and putting some tall posts around the perimeter with bird netting for a fence. I know it wouldn't be predator proof, but I was hoping it would discourage the birds from flying out (they can hide in the corn)

Do you think there is any height quail couldn't fly over? Or will the quail come back for the corn? Anybody try anything like this before?

No fence will hold them in. Quail are not like chickens and will hang around your property. Quail can shoot straight up and fly very long distances. They will see all this territory and disappear and you will lose all your quail.

I was thinking of planting a corn field and putting some tall posts around the perimeter with bird netting for a fence. I know it wouldn't be predator proof, but I was hoping it would discourage the birds from flying out (they can hide in the corn)

Do you think there is any height quail couldn't fly over? Or will the quail come back for the corn? Anybody try anything like this before?

X2 what twocrows said.... Quail cant get too the planted corn until something else knocked it too the ground. They love it, but not naturally a big part of their diet....

Back
Top Bottom