is there any flower seeds that will be OK to plant in august......!!??

thechickenguy

Songster
9 Years
Jun 15, 2010
woodsfield ohio 43793
I went to the local dollar general and bought 91 packets of seeds, yea thats right 91 packets for $5.93. They were 90% off. I plan to if I can get some more this coming Monday. Anyway I got lots of vegatables(corn,tomatoes,cucumbers,pumpkins,watermelon,ect.), morning gloryies,cosmos,sweet peas,marigolds,gaillardia,petunia,salvia,wild flowers,alyssum,impatiens,california poppy,phlox,portulaca,nasturtium,sunflower,and four O' clocks. Out of all those flowers because thats what I got when can be planted now and be blooming before the growing season for everything is done? Thanks.

I don't know what the length of Ohio's growing season is, but since you're further north than I am and it's really too late for me to plant anything here I'd guess it's too late for you to plant any of the seeds and see any flowers or vegetables before it frosts.

Great score on seeds! What a bargain. The gaillardia and phlox might like a head start for flowering next year if they have a little mulch over them for the winter. Here in Oregon I plant Cal. poppies in the fall for the best germination next spring. Don't know how they would do with Ohio winters. Nasturtiums can be quick growers, they might flower before a hard frost.

Anything under 60 days might be ok.I still have morning glory seeds coming up. Mostly now it is spinach,chard,and similar that take the cold.Lettuce is good.I think the marigold grows fast.I have plenty of that and throw seed around the yard with my flax. I am all for flowers in the fall.The bees would LOVE it. Buckwheat and alfalfa grow fast too.

Now I am itching to get some seeds even though I have a box full!

Speaking of spring I see that harbor frieght has their greenhouses on sale.I think it was $299 for a 6 x 8 and $699 for a 10x 12.My mom has the little one and although it has yellowed after MANY years of use it still helps the plants get a warm headstart.

I am in Northern Ohio.

i planted some morning glories,and it said on the back of the cosmo seeds they come up in 3-7 days so i planted some of them to see what happens.
what part of northern ohio? im originally from there.

Back
Top Bottom