Is there ANY WAY I can help?!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by LLCoyote, Aug 3, 2011.

1. LLCoyote

LLCoyote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    Ok I live in TN and I went to a popular park with ducks. One has a fairly bad injury ( this is CLEARLY a domestic duck!!) and I don't have the 50 dollars to do a doctor's visit. Are there any organizations to help the duck? Should the city provide any vet care for the creature? I don't go to parks just because of that. I can't stand to see this... my heart gets broken to see animals in pain. How can I help?!

2. dianaross77

dianaross77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Check petfinder.com for a farm animal rescue near you. I doubt they'll help you unless you can catch it first.

3. LLCoyote

LLCoyote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2011
    I can catch it. Heck I can even take care of it but I can't pay for the medical care. Do I just search for birds in the area? Or how do I find the rescue?

4. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    Also, try the duck rescue network, they have a list of people who will help domestic ducks.

Duck Rescue Network

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  5. EmAbTo48

EmAbTo48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    Northern Wisconsin
    Do you have any vets in your area that will allow you to make small payments? Our vet we use allows us to do this! Its great! But of course we pay it off if its not hundreds right away and if we have a large bill we still make sure to pay it quickly.

6. dianaross77

dianaross77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    Quote:There is a search feature on the left side of the page where you can search for shelters. There is also a link for a list by state. It's under the search for pets. I checked but I didn't have any luck. If you have a local SPCA, they might be able to help you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by