Is there any way to sex muscovy ducklings??

thank you so much! The forum is very informative. I think I have 2 males and 1 female
1f632.png
oh well I love them none the less. Lol
Soooo cute
love.gif
The big guy on the right looks like he might have hatched a day or so before the other. At this age, it really is difficult to determine gender so don't give up
smile.png

When did you get them?? They don't look to be a week old. More like 3-4 days to me but I'm no expert.

Last edited:
At this age I sure wouldn't worry about sexes just enjoy them as babies the grow so fast won't be long till you'll know for sure what sex they are. They sure are precious.

Soooo cute:love   The big guy on the right looks like he might have hatched a day or so before the other.  At this age, it really is difficult to determine gender so don't give up:)  

When did you get them??  They don't look to be a week old.  More like 3-4 days to me but I'm no expert.
I got them from a local farm, I went there to get lettuce for my chickens and they offered me ducklings, because I asked about turkey chicks. I forgot how old she said they were because she just breifly mentioned it and I forgot to ask her about it after. They were under the mom when I got them and I waited 3 more days from the day I first saw them to get them so I figured about a week but I really have no idea lol Iam contemplating going and getting more to increase my ratio of getting hens.

Soooo cute:love   The big guy on the right looks like he might have hatched a day or so before the other.  At this age, it really is difficult to determine gender so don't give up:)  

When did you get them??  They don't look to be a week old.  More like 3-4 days to me but I'm no expert.
one more question, are muscovy ducklongs supposed to be interested in water at this age. I tried to introduce some luke warm water to them but they were not interested at all.

one more question, are muscovy ducklongs supposed to be interested in water at this age. I tried to introduce some luke warm water to them but they were not interested at all.
It usually takes a few times before mine realize what the water is for. At this young age be certain to use very shallow water only, don't leave them unsupervised in the water and dry them off real well so they don't get a chill. Also, make sure they always have water that they can dip their nose and eyes into to wash them out. Generally Muscovies aren't as interested in swimming as other ducks are. I have some adults that love our pond and some that avoid it. They can be peculiar, lol.

Back
Top Bottom