Is there anyone from SE Connecticut?

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by CTChickenMom, Jan 6, 2009.

1. CTChickenMom

CTChickenMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2009
    SE Connecticut
    I can't find anyone from CT! Where is everyone!

2. swampyankee

swampyankee Out Of The Brooder

Feb 26, 2008
    Bozrah CT
    Hi there. There are a few of us. Look in CT chickenstock. There will be a get together this spring I am sure, and we will be glad to meet you!

3. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    We are here, we are here, we are here!! <Horton Hears a Who style>
    We had some awesome get togethers over the spring, summer and fall. Some were organized, some not.
    I'm in the Windham area, so eastern but not really southern CT. [​IMG]
    But we're a small state. Welcome!!!
    Here is a link to an old thread from one of our gatherings:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=90837

And here is a link to what seems to be the most official and comprehensive "Who's from CT" thread. At least it was!
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=55

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  4. plreef

plreef Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2009
    Eastern CT
    Welcome! I'm North Eastern CT. Not too far off. I'm finding all sorts of folks from CT!!!!

Jas!

5. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Hello South West CT Here! Danbury area.. [​IMG]

6. mrsgibber

mrsgibber Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    Bolton, CT
    Hi Everyone. I'm in Bolton, CT. There seems to be a backyard chicken epidemic in our town. Seems like everyone I talk to in our small town has chickens or knows someone who does. I don't have my chickens yet. We are still in the process of setting up. We've gotten our coop and will be fencing in a run as soon as the ground thaws enough to do so! We picked out and tagged our four girls from a farm in Scotland, CT. so we'll be bringing them home in April.

The whole family is excited to get them home![​IMG]

7. Henrietta23

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Cool! What is the name of the farm in Scotland. I'm only one town over. My mom has a former student who just started a farm there. Young family. Very nice. We keep trying to get out and visit. Haven't made it yet! What kind of chicks will she have?
    Oh, and welcome! I'm in Windham and my ducks came from Bolton! (By way of Murray McMurray anyway!!)

8. mrsgibber

Jun 3, 2008
    Bolton, CT
    The farm is Hurricane Farm and it is newly owned by a young family. They are very nice and extremely helpful. They raise chickens, pigs, cows and turkeys for meat (they have a CSA as well). They also raise chickens for eggs and to sell to others for egg laying. I tagged a Astrolorp, EE, Buff orrington & barred rock. I think I'm also going to take home a RIR.

The farm is fun to visit. They've got sheep, goats (i think), chickens, geese, turkeys, cows, pigs, rabbits you name it running around. You can find them at localharvest.com (http://www.localharvest.org/farms/M23866)

We definitely want to keep a relationship with them because we like to support local family owned farms.

9. Henrietta23

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Quote:That's the one! It's only a couple of miles from me. I'm looking forward to getting meat from them.

10. mrsgibber

Jun 3, 2008
    Bolton, CT
    We actually purchased a 1/10 of a pig so we'll have meat coming mid-february. I'm looking forward to the grass fed beef as well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by