is there anyone who sells premade walk-in-runs or large stand alones?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by egglicious, Jul 21, 2011.

1. egglicious

egglicious Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2011
    I can't seem to find anyone who sells premade runs without the coop. I would totally buy a large pen or walk in run if only I could find one! I'm not interested in making one..

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  2. Mac in Wisco

Mac in Wisco Antagonist

May 25, 2007
    SW Wisconsin
    I don't know of anybody that does that for large runs. You generally can't move or ship them assembled, so it would end up just being a kit of materials that you'd have to assemble yourself anyways.

Another option would be large dog kennel kits that come in panels.

3. chicken_noob

chicken_noob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2011
    Chehalis WA.
    Well if you lived in WA.. I know somebody who would could make whatever you wanted.. <looks around>… [​IMG]

4. Bear Foot Farm

Bear Foot Farm Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2008
    Grifton NC
    I can't seem to find anyone who sells premade runs without the coop

A dog kennel is a "premade run without a coop"​

5. Gullygarden

Gullygarden Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2011
    You can order a 164 foot perimeter mesh electric fence online. I use a solar charger with mine. This is a way to keep non-flying predators out of your run. Larger chickens are fine with the fence. It is not for chicks and not safe around toddlers, but otherwise works great. In two years I have only had two flyouts and no deaths from dogs, although I had lost all my previous chickens to neighborhood dogs. google premier fencing.

6. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

I agree that the 6ft dog kennels would be your best best...since they are sold by section, you could make it as large as you wanted.

7. georgiagail

georgiagail Chillin' With My Peeps

We also were not interested in making a run. For the first coop we purchased a dog kennel through www.yourfencestore.com.

Purchased the 6' high by 7' wide by 12' long one but since we were only fencing three sides, we extended the run (using additional pipe and pipe sleeves purchased through our local Lowes) to 14.5' long. Here's how it looked before we put the roof and gate on:
    [​IMG]

Since then we've purchased two other dog kennels for our other two coops from our local Lowes. Their 10' x 10' kennel (also 6' high) can be modified to a 5' x 15' run if one wishes.

[​IMG]

Gail

8. egglicious

May 7, 2011
    Thanks so much all. I guess I should have explained that a kit would be fine lol. I couldn't imagine an assembled walk-in-run arriving at my front door!

Georgiagail, that is a great idea. I may just do that.

Chicken_noob, I live in bellingham, Washington... know anyone who could make me one??? :)

9. egglicious

May 7, 2011
    Quote:I have a twenty-one month old who is very, very curious. :-(

10. w8tn4fresheggs

w8tn4fresheggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2007
    Nebraska

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by