Is there hope baby chick

kingchickies

Songster
Mar 6, 2017
Texas
I received my chicks this morning. They hatched Monday and shipped same day. When I got them home and opened the box, 2 had been separated and were cold. 1 was dead the other barely alive the rest fine. I got them under the heat lamp and really thought this one would have died by now. I have been getting water with save a chick electrolytes and prebiotic in it and is starting to perk up a bit but still can't stand up. Doesn't seem like spray leg but can't seem to get on its feet. It is trying. Do I keep on this course of trying to keep hydrated at this point or could it be something else? Thanks everyone!

It sounds like you’re doing good by the chicks, keeping them warm, fresh water and clean bedding, the electrolyte water, etc. you might just have to wait and see. These new chicks go through a lot and might need to gain some strength. I know it’s stressful to see that because we want them to have a good life. Keep us updated. Also, you may want to take some pics of the chick or a video to see what she’s doing and post it here.

Have you tried giving it some sugar water yet? That'll give it a boost. ;)

Sorry about your chicks, have you checked each for pasty butt? there are many articles here about “pasty butt” if you do a search. I hope they get better

Sorry about your chicks, have you checked each for pasty butt? there are many articles here about “pasty butt” if you do a search. I hope they get better
Yes the first thing I did was check butts. Lol. This one was just barely alive and has perked up a little but just can't seem to get on his feet. He gets on his knees and chest and tries to push up with his wings. I just don't know. Never experienced this before. It chirps lightly and will drink. But I just don't know

Maybe try feeding it some wet mash also? You can use the electrolyte water to make the mash for even more vitamins. Keeping my fingers crossed she perks up tomorrow after a good nights rest!

It sounds like you’re doing good by the chicks, keeping them warm, fresh water and clean bedding, the electrolyte water, etc. you might just have to wait and see. These new chicks go through a lot and might need to gain some strength. I know it’s stressful to see that because we want them to have a good life. Keep us updated. Also, you may want to take some pics of the chick or a video to see what she’s doing and post it here.
16323493842591515265594195692645.jpg

Back
Top Bottom