Is there interest for these hens?

Pics

Cyprus

Master of the 'never give up' attitude
Jan 19, 2018
My Coop
My Coop
I've tried selling these girls on here twice now, with no takers.
So before I post them for sale again or spend more money on coop repairs I am asking around to see if there are any potential buyers or if anyone is willing to give their input on whether or not they would buy them. (You don't have to, just looking for feedback).

10 laying hens available. Breeds and quantities as follows:
1x Red Ranger (6 yrs old)
3x White Leghorn
3x Easter Egger
2x Black Jersey Giants
1x ISA Brown

All hens beside the RR are between 2 and 3 years old.
Hens would be $10/ea. If you buy all, feeder and waterer would be included for free as well as current bag of feed.
Local pickup only.
Located in Oconomowoc, WI

Cyprus

I would be interested, if I was in your area... I think your pricing is fair, and I’m sure the hens are in great shape. Based on the age of the hens, excepting for the RR, who you might want to just consider letting go with the rest of the flock at no charge?

Where I am a pullet at point of lay usually goes for $17-30 for more common breeds, up to $80-100 for started pullets 8-12weeks of less common breeds. Canadian $ though... and no I’m not able to buy them...:hmm
But I can just imagine the look on the customs officers faces as I try to cross the border with a squawking suitcase stuffed full of hens!

Best of luck! It could just be a timing thing?

I’d take the Leghorns, Easter Eggers, and Jersey Giants (I’m from Jersey I would have to :p), and the Red Ranger. I have no interest in the Isa Brown.
But alas I’m all out of room and I don’t live near you. :(
I’d say hold on to them for now. People start looking for chickens to add to their flock in the spring time. Who knows hopefully by then your coop will be Fort Knox and you’ll decide to keep them. :fl

Last edited:
Perhaps you could try on Craigslist if you haven’t already? Or a local Facebook group if you are on Facebook. You might have better luck/more interest on there or at least more views on there as a lot of people browse Craigslist first. You might also try the state thread on here. I find the BST section of the forum doesn’t seem as active so you may have better luck posting in a different section, like a post in the state thread, or cross posting on another thread and the BST forum.

Perhaps you could try on Craigslist if you haven’t already? Or a local Facebook group if you are on Facebook. You might have better luck/more interest on there or at least more views on there as a lot of people browse Craigslist first. You might also try the state thread on here. I find the BST section of the forum doesn’t seem as active so you may have better luck posting in a different section, like a post in the state thread, or cross posting on another thread and the BST forum.
I don't have FB and stay away from CL because I don't trust the intentions of those people. I would much rather sell to another member here.

Back
Top Bottom