Is there really no-one who sells bantam cochin hatching eggs!?

Godiva

Crowing
16 Years
May 17, 2007
Colorado
I am rather surprised that there are so few of these birds or eggs being sold on here! Guess just because they are my favourite doesn't mean everyone else loves them as much. Does anyone know of a good contact or place to order some hatching eggs? I am really wanting some to go with the hen and roo I have... they are our absolute favourites and the kids just adore them since they are so friendly and gentle.

I've been buying them of eggbid and ebay and the cochin bantams are the only ones I'm having trouble hatching.... If there is someone on here I would love some too!
Sly

I have some, but last time I checked the eggs, they weren't fertile so I hesitate to pre-sell any right now. I need to do fluffy bum trims, but even then I only have 4 hens (2 in the buff pen, 2 in the black pen) and the buffs are both broody on dipsy doodle eggs right now.

Most people with REALLY good quality ones won't sell eggs or chicks and if they do, there's a big waiting list to get them.

We
love.gif
our cochins. :) Our trio of blacks, two are from Judy Gantt and then one is a Spring hatch 2007 that we hatched out from our breeders last year (also from Judy Gantt). I so regret downsizing so much last year, but it was neccesary at the time.
sad.png

Picture888-1.jpg

Picture897.jpg

Picture894.jpg

Last edited:
i hatched my bantam frizzled cochin cutties from bob, muddler6. i got 7 eggs and 6 babies hatched 2 r frizzled rest r normal feathered and i got 2 older frizzles from him as well all gorgous little babies!! if ya don't mind frizzles alot of times he offers eggs u can pm him to see what he has available but i must say the frizzles are just gorgous.
love.gif

silkie

I have bantam cochin's, they are mixed colors, though, and some are frizzled. Be happy to sell some if people are interested, but I certainly don't know if they are what you would call show quality as I've never shown them. I do know they are fertile as I sent some to a friend in Arkansas and she had 9 out of 11 hatch out. If anybody is interested, they can pm and I'm sure we can work something out.
smile.png

Editing to add.... I think Dipsy Doodle Doo has some Mottled Bantam Cochins, you might give her a try.

Last edited:
I also have blue,black splash bantam frizzle cochins if interested later on. I had 10 hatch last week and I have another 18 in the bator and all growing.

I have blue/black/splash mottled. My girls just started laying this year, though I have a batch in my incubator. 25 out of 26 are developing. I do have a dozen sitting on my dining room table... I'd have to check the dates on them though.

I need to get some new photos of my birds.

Goodness! There are a lot more selling than back when I was looking for them! hehe Seems I tried so hard to find some great quality blacks and blues and nadda. *sigh*

Back
Top Bottom