Is there Roosters here ???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by geese11, Apr 16, 2011.

1. geese11

geese11 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2011
    Hello can someone please tell me if any of there are roosters, They are ment to be Australorp Blue. We do have a Australorp Black rooster and because he crows we can't tell if anyothers are, We thought that we heard another crow a few times but when ever we go out they stop.
    If the photo is not clear enough I will try take another one.

[​IMG]

2. bunnibird55

bunnibird55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2009
    NW Ohio
    My guess is three cockeral and one pullet....The one on the right-hand lower corner is the only one I am sure is a pullet. Look at the tail on the one clear in the back.....looks like a roo tail and the comb and wattles look like a roo. Of course, what do I know, I have NH's, Buckeyes and Bantam Cochins. I spend more time looking at the tail than anything else to tell them apart!

3. geese11

geese11 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2011
    Thank You for such a quick reply.
    I thought that to begin with, They were ment to be pullets when we got them. I will take another photo tomorrow so it shows the tails aswell.

Thanks

4. mother o' chicks72

mother o' chicks72 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    Portland, Oregon
    take individual photos if possible

5. chicknhawaii

chicknhawaii Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Honolulu, HI
    I don't have a guess but I wanted to say those are BEAUTIFUL BLACK chickens! I may just have to try that out in my next batch (whenever that may be lol). [​IMG]

6. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Take individual pics, profile including legs, in good light. And how old are they?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by