Is there some problem with his wings

naveed

Songster
12 Years
Sep 17, 2007
Hi

I wana know is there some problem with his wings or will they grow back.

P1014038.jpg

Feathers will grow back unless there is severe trauma/damage/scare tissue which there doesnt seem to be any. It could be several things:

If he is kept caged frequently, it could be he is damaging his wings on the sides of cage when he flaps his wings? in which case he'd need more freedom to move around or the feathers will not come back, or will but will just become damaged again.

He could have poor immune system/genetics/internal parasites/underlying health issue/vitamin deficiency)?

Other birds could have plucked them out?

He could have mites or lice?

Could be moulting (in which case they will grow back when moult is over)

Stress can also be a cause.

If you give as much information as you can such as type of bird, age, housing, and such perhaps someone else can help.

Last edited:
Yeah he was kept in a small cage, and i got it from a friend so i have no detailed idea about it and he is really alert and quick.

And can u plz tell 4m his pic that whether he's a male or a female?

P1014041.jpg

That chicken is a frizzle......It's genetics and the feathers are supposed to have that messy, sort of curly look to them.

Yup- he's a frizzle...I have one just like it....frizzle feathers are funky and curly BUT there should not be any bald spots/feather loss like that on the wings- I would bet it is cage damage. I would not recommend keeping this fella in a small cage- give him plenty of space to flap his wings and walk around. It may be good to get him off the wire bottom floor as well and on some soft pine bedding as he can also get toe damage and sores from being on only wire, perhaps also give him something to roost on like a dowel, broom handle or decent sized stick. His feathers should grow back if he is in a new spacious comfortable environment. Wire bottom cages are ok for traveling/showing or temporary- but over time can cause issues.

it is hard to tell if male or female as this young, mine is a female and has a rather large comb on her head so can't always tell that way- so may have to wait till it crows??

Here is my Frizzle ''Tito''.

27552_tito.jpg

27552_012.jpg

Last edited:
Thaks for reply
smile.png

She looks like a hen as she makes the voices when a hen is about to lay.

Back
Top Bottom