Is there something wrong with my rooster's feet and legs? pics

TinyLittleFarm

Songster
9 Years
Mar 8, 2010
Wisconsin
My 20 week old Light Brahma roo, Jack, has rather funky looking feet. The scales are not smooth like my other chickens'. I suspected mites so I treated him with vaseline about a month ago, but they look exactly the same. He also has some pinkish-red patches on his legs. The redness is in the same place and the same size on both legs, so I suspect it is just normal for him, but what do I know. You can see this in the second picture. His feet are grubby, but he's a free range in the woods chicken and I'm not up for giving him regular pedicures.
tongue.png

50603_dscf2028.jpg

50603_dscf2024.jpg

Thanks!

Hmm, looking at the pics, the scales are slightly lifted, but it looks pretty clean. When you used the vasceline, did you put anything else on the legs? Scaly leg mites also leave a nasty scaly buildup as well....this could be a mild case. What I do, is take the vasceline, and also put some seven dust in with it. Clean the legs, rub the mixture on them twice a day for at least a week.

I hope someone else looks at your pics, because I am not 100% sure it's the scaley leg mites.

Good luck with him!

Back
Top Bottom