Is there such a thing as temp fencing without the electrical?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by tmb3fan, Aug 21, 2010.

1. tmb3fan

tmb3fan In the Brooder

Jul 24, 2008
    Central Mississippi
    I am trying to find some temporary fencing (the easy to move stuff) without the electrical wires running through. Just wanting something for controlled free ranging, but I don't want the expense of on electrified fence. My chickens have been free ranging for years on our 5 acres and I need to confine them to an 1/8 acre area at a time. I got some heavy chickens for the smaller area (not as much of a flight risk) and am selling off the older chickens that are used to free ranging everywhere. I figure it is easier to start over than try to retrain. Anyway, if anyone know where I can find the non electrified moveable fencing, please let me know. I have tried to find it on the web with no luck.

Thanks,
    Teri

2. Bear Foot Farm

Bear Foot Farm Crowing

Mar 31, 2008
    Grifton NC
    You could use most any type of netting as portable fencing to keep chickens in

You only need electric if you want to keep predators OUT

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  3. spottedtail

spottedtail Songster

Aug 5, 2007
    Minnesota
    Try 'Premier Fencing'.
    They're all about fencing products.

spot

4. Cindy in PA

Cindy in PA Crowing 10 Years

Jul 8, 2008
    Fleetwood, PA
    If you just want temporary and not real predator control, get some kind of plastic garden fence or wooden snow fence & use the plastic step in posts to make your area. The posts are real simple to put in & out & the fence (especially plastic) would be light weight to roll & move.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by