1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is these show quility Cochin Bantam?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by shanebeas, Feb 10, 2009.

1. shanebeas

shanebeas Out Of The Brooder

Jan 12, 2009
    Saint Pauls ,NC
    I have no idea about cochin bantams just wondering ran across these and they are so pretty and soft the white one will let you do anything to him he is so calmare these show quility ? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2009
  2. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    Ahhh they are cute, but you would have to heal up there wounds on the wattles and crown. [​IMG]

3. pokey

pokey Warrior Princess

Jun 1, 2008
    upstate
    i think from what i've been shown is that the birds are very full in feather for starts, meaning they are wide (like fluffy kinda.) if you want show quality birds its best to buy from a good breeder instead of trying hatchery birds. saves a lot of time and there are some great people on here with great birds! but also if you look at a cochin the feathering on the button(tail) is wide across on show birds too.check out the birds on cochinsrule .com [​IMG]

4. moduckman

moduckman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2009
    Cairo, Missouri
    [​IMG]

Yours seem to show too much leg for a show cochin. This cochin pictured won the missouri state fair last year. (This is not my bird).

5. shanebeas

shanebeas Out Of The Brooder

Jan 12, 2009
    Saint Pauls ,NC
    ok thanks i was just wondering thanks for everyones response

6. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Quote:[​IMG] Holy Fluffy Butts moduckman

7. nzpouter

nzpouter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2009
    new zealand
    Quote:I think they are too narrow to be show quality.

8. seedcorn

seedcorn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2007
    NE. IN
    The picture they showed you of the white cochin should answer your question. The black cochin needs a better cushion. The white (if it is a cochin) is not close.

9. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    But you dont really need a show quality do you? I mean their just pets right? But yeah I do egree they are too skinny in the back. The black one is very cute.

10. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

They're very cute pet quality birds. As far as type goes, you want something like this. This is my old bantam black cochin cock, Darth Vader. RIP.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by