Is this a baby chicken?

Skyfriends

Hatching
May 14, 2015
I found this baby bird in my backyard yesterday morning. It has a light yellow head, brown feathers, tall legs, and makes really beautiful sounds...even while its screaming for its life. I heard the beautiful sound getting louder and louder and went outside to see where it was coming from and saw my dog going after it. A friend thought it was a chicken and offered to adopt it. I was able to capture it and made a temporary home for it out of a ventilated large cardboard box. I attached food and water cups inside and after 2 hrs in the box, it ate all the food, and didn't appear afraid of me anymore. It allowed me to put food into the cup right in front of it and my friend said it is very friendly, likes to be tucked into a blanket at night, and seems rather happy. Now some people are thinking it's not a chicken afterall. Anybody know what kind of bird this is? Thanks in advance! :)

:welcome
Yep! Looks like you have a baby chicken -and possibly a pullet (young female) at that! :)

A young chicken. Its home must be close by; a neighbor? I've, unfortunately, heard of puppies and kittens being dumped somewhere, but not a baby chick. A month old?

Back
Top Bottom