Is this a bloody stool? Help needed!

146B12FC-7BE6-4980-BCA1-E4EF4446596A.jpeg
C1D118CF-6A16-4AFE-956B-BD54CDA7352A.jpeg

Along with the eye shot you can see she also has nasal discharge - mostly on one side. I forgot to mention that before. We’ve been cleaning that off every time we check on her for the last few days.

Penny is drinking. She didn’t take the scrambled egg so I ended up placing it into her mouth and she did eat it that way.

She doesn’t seem unsteady or have trouble walking. It’s hot here and most of the hens are resting in the shade.

05EECD3E-AAA5-476A-81AA-947FCAB19A06.jpeg
05E186A0-A801-4743-B16A-4D0EA33F5F3A.jpeg

Here are 2 poops from the crate but Penny had company while I was inside so I can’t say they belong to her. I cleaned them out and now any poop in there will definitely be hers. I’ll post when that happens.

My chicken Henny has Optic Mareks diseas,she has a deformed pupil and she is a Rhode Island Red.
It can spread through the body fast,but I’ve seen cases where they live for many many years with it and are fine,but I’ve also seen cases where you find out and the next day you find them dead. :hit

I’m not exactly sure if that’s blood or not.

0174D31C-EAFE-44EA-AC4D-38738706E960.png
The first poop is definitely from Penny today. I had to unexpectedly leave for most of the day so DH and DD watched over her. The top poop is mostly runny wet with white - hard to see. The 2nd DH thinks came out of Penny at the same time the first poop did but he’s now not 100% sure.

DH and DD gave/forced more of the scrambled egg. DH says that afterward Penny ate regular feed all on her own. And she was drinking.

I’ll be home all day tomorrow and can see what’s what myself. I did check just in case my local TSC doesn’t have nor will ship to store the Tylan 50. The nearest TSC with it in stock is 95 miles away.

View attachment 1787407 The first poop is definitely from Penny today. I had to unexpectedly leave for most of the day so DH and DD watched over her. The top poop is mostly runny wet with white - hard to see. The 2nd DH thinks came out of Penny at the same time the first poop did but he’s now not 100% sure.

DH and DD gave/forced more of the scrambled egg. DH says that afterward Penny ate regular feed all on her own. And she was drinking.

I’ll be home all day tomorrow and can see what’s what myself. I did check just in case my local TSC doesn’t have nor will ship to store the Tylan 50. The nearest TSC with it in stock is 95 miles away.

Where are you located?

Sorry I’m exhausted. Because of the Tylan 50. Closest is in Melbourne. Although... maybe Red Barn has it. They are always so expensive but if it’s what may help Penny I’ll do it.

Back
Top Bottom