1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is this a blue cochin????

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Hangin Wit My Peeps, May 30, 2008.

1. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

I can't get the picture on here right now but if you follow the link it will bring you to the picture...it's the little cochin in the middle of the crowd. Let me know what you think?

I believe the parents to this bird were both black and I don't think you can get a blue from two blacks can you? I think I read that before in a thread that was here. It just looks blue to me! I was wondering.

Here is the link: http://journals.aol.com/breakaway1968/hangin-wit-my-peeps/#Entry2318

I'm
    going to try to get some better pictures...it even looks more blue this afternoon.

2. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Little one looks blue to me too but I am no expert.

3. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Anyone else have a guess for me?

4. clheck28

clheck28 Out Of The Brooder

May 30, 2008
    The blacks ones with cream colored bottoms look exactly like my baby blue cochins.

5. xanaxnation

xanaxnation Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    i cant guess on your blue.. but the video of the hatch was so sad to me... im sniffling =\\ ive never seen that before.. i guess i just assumed they were as... active? as other newborns immediately. how odd to me. congrats on your babies though!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by