Is this a blue gold duckwing?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by silverfilly, Sep 13, 2008.

1. silverfilly

silverfilly Peepin N' Cheepin

Jan 25, 2008
    Kansas
    I asked what color this was on a marans thread but thought Id start a new thread since I have so many quastions about it. I think this rooster is a blue gold duckwing am I right and if so what colors could I breed him with to get more? should I use blak? I have never heard of the duckwing in the marans so Ill have to breed from him I think he was just a fluke but I really love this roo and would like to produce more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He is about 6 months old

2. tadkerson

tadkerson Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2008
    Missouri
    The bird is close to being a golden duck wing. The saddles feathers should be the same color as the hackles on your bird. I do not see silver color in the wing bay on your bird. Your bird appears to be crow winged.

Your bird is heterozygous (split) for sex linked silver and sex linked gold that is why he has the cream colored saddle feathers. He has a crow wing because he is birchen at the E locus.

Did he come from a black copper and blue cross?

Tim

3. Last Train Vnyd

Last Train Vnyd Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2013
    Southern Ohio
    I have a rooster that looks just like yours. Do you still have him? And did you find out what he was? I bought mine as a blue copper Marans day old chick and have been scratching my head about his coloring ever since he started developing his unique color. Below is my rooster Axel just a few months ago when he was about 4 months old. His tail is now much longer and he has developed more of the light color on his back and neck. He gets more beautiful all the time and like you, I would like to know what I would breed him with to get more. I have a few blue copper Marans and a few black copper Marans hens. I will try to get a current picture of him tomorrow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by