Is this a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte?

TheJadeChicken

Songster
10 Years
Apr 27, 2012
Saline County, Arkansas, US
Also need help with Fuzzy/Fluffy Cheeks. She goes by either one. Any ideas? Scroll down a bit for her pictures.

I got this little one out of the Bantam Assortment Big at Tractor Supply. I got a little Black Fluffy Cheeked Bantam and I wanted to get him a buddy out of the same bin, and picked this one out. Also got 4 Jersey Giants along with them.

Next to Fluffy Cheeks. :D Can Ameraucanas as chicks be SOLID BLACK? Except for the bottoms of there feet and a tiny area right below the beak? Never seen a chick so solid black before, and her cheeks are even fluffier than EEs I have had. I will have to get mores pictures later, she is FAST!!

Last edited:
Here's a video of blrw chicks from MMM hatchery....I don't think that's what you have. Not sure any hatcheries are selling blrw bantams?

Is the black chick a silkie? Does it have 5 toes?

Looking again, I guess this could be your chick--does your have the correct leg color and rose comb?

Last edited:
I got this little one out of the Bantam Assortment Big at Tractor Supply. I got a little Black Fluffy Cheeked Bantam and I wanted to get him a buddy out of the same bin, and picked this one out. Also got 4 Jersey Giants along with them.

Next to Fluffy Cheeks. :D Can Ameraucanas as chicks be SOLID BLACK? Except for the bottoms of there feet and a tiny area right below the beak? Never seen a chick so solid black before, and her cheeks are even fluffier than EEs I have had. I will have to get mores pictures later, she is FAST!!

Looks like a pea comb, so I would guess a bantam Americana. I can't think of anything else that would match that comb with fluffy cheeks.

Back
Top Bottom