Is this a blue laced Wyandotte Cockerel

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by benburford, Oct 17, 2015.

1. benburford

benburford Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2015
    Brought some hatching eggs from auction and have ended up with these I know the White and Black is a silver laced Wyandotte the White and Brown is a buff laced but what is the blue and gold one ? I was after a blue laced Wyandotte cockerel but after comparing them to pictures of birds Google I can't work out what he is !!! Also is the silver laced Wyandotte a cockerel ? Me and my friend are in disagreement it does have a much redder comb and wattles to the buff. All birds are the same age any help greatly received

Ben Burford uk

2. benburford

Apr 1, 2015
    [​IMG]

3. benburford

Apr 1, 2015
    [​IMG]

4. benburford

Apr 1, 2015
    [​IMG]

5. benburford

Apr 1, 2015
    Help please

6. mymilliefleur

mymilliefleur Keeper of the Flock

Nov 4, 2014
    East Tennessee.
    All three on them look like pullets, and I think the one in the back, (black and gold) is a Golden Laced Wyandotte.

7. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    X 2 and now you have an excuse to hatch/get more chickens. Welcome to chicken math

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  8. benburford

Apr 1, 2015
    Thanks for the replys. The gold laced is really big compared to the others I'll try and get a few more pictures to see if it is a cockerel or hen. What a shame all I need is a blue laced cockerel. I struggle to find blue laced hatching eggs and especially now at this time of year. Just out of interest does anyone know what you would get if you put a gold laced cockerel with a blue laced hen ?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by