Is this a boy or girl?

Jennifer Liu

In the Brooder
May 25, 2017
IMG_4708.JPG
IMG_4709.JPG
IMG_4712.JPG
IMG_4713.JPG
Hi, everyone, I am new for the chickens. I just got 4 chicks few weeks ago. The HOA says I only can have hens. But I think on of my chicken I a rooster.

Here are "her" pictures. Is there anyone can tell me that a he or she the (gray/ white one)

Thank you

Kiki

I'm coming Kathy!
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Jul 31, 2015
Houston, TX
My Coop
Welcome to BYC.
I'd guess boy.

Can you tell if the feathers around the neck area are coming in pointy?
Picture is kinda blurry.

Chicken Girl1

Queen of the Coop
5 Years
Mar 3, 2015
Virginia
:welcome
Do you know the age? The wide white barring, bigger redder comb/wattles, and the legs with out black wash which is a BR pullet trait makes me think cockerel.

Jennifer Liu

In the Brooder
May 25, 2017
:welcome
Do you know the age? The wide white barring, bigger redder comb/wattles, and the legs with out black wash which is a BR pullet trait makes me think cockerel.
When I bought it, it said " cuckoo Maran. But I think she is barred rock

21hens-incharge

Slightly nuts
6 Years
Mar 9, 2014
Northern Colorado
How old is the bird? It looks much older then just a few weeks. I am guessing you got started chicks not day olds.

I think she is to dark to be a male and I do not see the saddle feathers looking male.

Just saw the age post.

At that age that is a female. The comb is much to small to be as male and no male saddle feathers.

Jennifer Liu

In the Brooder
May 25, 2017
Where did you buy them?
I bought them from D and L feed store in McKinney Texas
How old is the bird? It looks much older then just a few weeks. I am guessing you got started chicks not day olds.

I think she is to dark to be a male and I do not see the saddle feathers looking male.

Just saw the age post.

At that age that is a female. The comb is much to small to be as male and no male saddle feathers.

Just saw the age post.

Where did you buy them?
I got them from D and L feed store at mckinney Texas, they said thay were from hatchery and 94%sure be girls...

Top Bottom