is this a boy?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by amie m, Mar 15, 2016.

1. amie m

amie m Out Of The Brooder

Feb 6, 2016
    My sweet silver laced wyandotte is probably a boy despite being sexed ad a pullet, but I'm hoping that there is some chance that maybe I'm wrong. S/he is 6 weeks
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. amie m

Feb 6, 2016
    Please tell me I'm wrong and it may be a pullet still

3. Puddin Fluff

Puddin Fluff Overrun With Chickens

Mar 30, 2012
    River Valley, AR
    I am not as familiar with this breed, but I would say boy.

4. asiawaka

asiawaka Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2016
    Northern Colorado
    We can wait it out together! I'm in the exact position with my SLW. It's comb just seems so different than the other girls and has almost no tail feather when the other girls had beautiful ones. People aren't convinced it's a boy yet and the harder I look the less I know :) sending you pullet vibes

5. SkyWorld

SkyWorld Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2014
    This is Derpy one of two SLW we have and I thought that we had a rooster as she was maturing. She is now about 2 years old and a good layer. If I could get more SLW I would in an instance. They are difficult to hold, but very stable in confined space, easy to take care of and good independent personality. Hang in there, you will know in good time if you have a rooster. The challenge will be what to do if it truly is one, but I would wait and see.[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Looks like it could be a little fella, but I treat gender ID as more of a sport cos there's usually at least one chick that will not conform to signs that typify either sex.

CT

7. asiawaka

asiawaka Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2016
    Northern Colorado
    Thank you for the encouraging words! They are trickery aren't they? Derpy is beautiful thank you for the kind words :)

8. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    You are most welcome

CT

9. SkyWorld

SkyWorld Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2014
    Thank you asiawaka and I hope your chicken adventures are a lot of fun. There is a lot of really good information here at BYC and I am very thankful to the knowledgeable people who answer as best they can. If you look into it they have an list of things to look for in telling if your chicken is a rooster, beside a persistent need to crow in the morning. One of the signs is the feathers in the tail and the back of the neck, if they become pointy like.

10. amie m

Feb 6, 2016
    That is a little bit reassuring. Was your hen as red this early skyworld? And asiawaka, can I see your chick?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by