1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Is this a bruise on her bill?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by randallt1, Aug 27, 2016.

1. randallt1

randallt1 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 12, 2012
    Western North Carolina
    Hi folks, I've been a member now for over four years and have appreciated the responses to my questions. We have a 4 1/2 year old solo super spoiled Pekin named Gladys.

I came home from work this afternoon and found this on her bill and would appreciate your opinion.

It isn't sensitive. I thought maybe it was a berry dye stain because it has no texture or substance and she's a free range girl in the deep woods, but I've never seen anything like this before and there is no stain on or in her mouth. My wife was home all day and there was nothing unusual.

And she's just as lively as ever, loving her late lunch and fresh water and her pond. Definitely not stressed.

Thanks,
    Randall

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gladys's red bill

2. lydiagirl99

lydiagirl99 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2016
    Michigan (By The Thumb)
    Kind of looks like she hit her bill hard on something causing blood to pool in that spot. If that's what it is then it should go back to normal in a few weeks. Shouldn't bother her any.

1 person likes this.
  3. randallt1

randallt1 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 12, 2012
    Western North Carolina
    Thanks, she does go crazy in her pond sometimes.
    r

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by