Is this a BSL Rooster or Cuckoo Maran?

88563_dscf0241.jpg

88563_dscf0244.jpg

Legs are yellowish, but not as bright as some of my others.

Ok,, I know you all want my opinion!
tongue.png

First... To rsarns
The first is a BR cockerel
the second looks like an EE hen?
the third is an RIR pullet
the 4th is a SS pullet

Second to equinelyn: Your "RIR" is a Production Red
smile.png

Thanks! Looks like I got lucky and only have the 1 roo out of this bunch

Of course I have 3 BR and 3 Buff Orps in the brooder, will integrate them into the coop in about a week. THey are 4 weeks old now. That with the 25 FBCM eggs in the incubator yesterday....

Just wondering because I bought mine from a local breeder, so it better be a RIR lol
If it's because her lighter feathers, they have all fallen out. That was her ugly stage, and she is all red now.

Last edited:
Supposed to be 2 Black Langshans, 2 BSL, 2 BCM's, 3 White Leghorns, 3 RIR and 2 SS. However, I now have 4 RIR, 3 white leghorns, 2 SS, those I am pretty sure of... I have 5 birds that ended up black.... the Roo which most have ID's as either a BSL roo or a BR roo. Then 4 pullets that are black, 1 black with green/blue hues and yellow legs, with black fronts. 1 blackish, blackish legs with red waddle and pinkish comb and some silvering in the front of the chest and around the upper body. OK.. hard to describe... my questions are:

Could this roo be a cuckoo Maran?n He is pictured up above and below, his legs are not yellow, looked slighty yellow at first nmow looking pinkish.
88563_dscf0256.jpg

What is she?
88563_dscf0253.jpg

Any ideas on this, leg looks greenish in pic, but actually black.
88563_dscf0260.jpg

88563_dscf0262.jpg

Back
Top Bottom