Is this a Buff duck ??

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Brooke78, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Brooke78

Brooke78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2014
    I got the duck from tractor supply it was labeled Pekin but definitely isn't a Pekin im fairly new to ducks is it possible that shes a buff orpington duck? ?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Yeppers, you guessed correctly! [​IMG] She's definitely a Buff. I used to have one, and she looked just like yours.

~Alex

3. Brooke78

Jul 7, 2014
    Thank you !! Never again will i by from tractor supply i bought a rouen and its a mallard and its crazy !!

4. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

You're welcome! [​IMG] I don't blame you, considering how frustrating it is not getting what you paid for. I've heard countless stories of individuals who are the "victims" of a bin mix-up. [​IMG]

~Alex

5. learycow

learycow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    Yes!
    Tractor supply employees don't usually know so they label them as they are told.
    Our tractor supply had MUSCOVY ducklings labeled as pekin! They were clearly not pekins as they were all white with black caps. But the people working in the stores said they were labeled as pekins from the hatchery so that's how they were selling them

6. Brooke78

Jul 7, 2014
    I just contacted them through their Facebook page and they told me that the Burlington N.C store got theirs from Hoover Hatchery and what do you know they have Buff ducks lol they sell a duck assortment which um betting is what my tractor supply got .

7. The Duck Ladie

The Duck Ladie Duck Addict

Feb 23, 2016
    It's a buff! pretty!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by