Is this a Buff Orpington Pullet and Roo?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by rocky41102, Jul 7, 2011.

1. rocky41102

rocky41102 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 31, 2010
    Tennessee
    Here's a picture of my two Buff Orpingtons. I assumed they were a pullet and a rooster but my head honcho roo keeps attacking what I think is the roo. It looks like he is trying to mate him and he does it at the same times in the evenings when he also tries to mate the other pullets. So it made me start to wonder if maybe they are both pullets even with their difference in combs or it's just standard rooster behavior by the head of the flock? The Orps are about 3 months old. All of my flock is under 5 months.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Whiskey Bay

Whiskey Bay Chillin' With My Peeps

How old are they? Roosters will breed other roosters. One shows an overly 'manly' dominating roo,the other hand just shows a really submissive roo on the buff's side.Comparing the two buffs it looks like a pair.However,if I were to look at the 'roo' alone,I would think a possibilty of hen.My black Orp pullet has a bit of comb and wattles.How do the hackle,saddle,and tail feathers look? Growing long and pointed or short and curved?

3. Whiskey Bay

Whiskey Bay Chillin' With My Peeps

Sorry..didn't realize you'd posted the age..hehe..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by