Is this a bullseye?

silverfilly

Peepin N' Cheepin
11 Years
12 Years
Jan 25, 2008
Kansas
Just woundering if this is the bullseye everyone talks about as meaning its fertile. This is a duck egg.

silverfilly

Peepin N' Cheepin
11 Years
12 Years
Jan 25, 2008
Kansas
Thanks for that link, Unfortunetly i dont think its fertile
my little drake had better get his job done, cought him yesterday tring to breed a chicken
uhhggg wrong species little duck!

silverfilly

Peepin N' Cheepin
11 Years
12 Years
Jan 25, 2008
Kansas
No I already fed it to the dog but I think I was looking in the wrong spot, I was looking at the side by the white stringy stuff, sorry dont know the tech terms. Guess I could just put tomorrows egg in and wait 3 days and see.

Was really hard geting a pic in my house, light is poor and the flash kept messing up the pic.

silverfilly

Peepin N' Cheepin
11 Years
12 Years
Jan 25, 2008
Kansas
yeah and last year I lost all my pullets and my last 2 roos kept trying to breed the duck, did not have a drake then, now I have a drake and a duck and roos and hens and yet they still cant get it right! who knows maybe Ill end up with a duck/chicken hybrid...LOL ( i know thats not possible)

NurseNettie

Songster
11 Years
Feb 13, 2008
Northern Maine
I don't see anything looking like a bullseye. It would be ON the yolk or part of the yolk-- a small circle of slightly lighter colored yellow, anywhere on the yolk, with a yellow bullseye/ring in it. You'll know it when you see it.

Bettacreek

Crowing
11 Years
Jan 7, 2009
Central Pennsyltucky
It looks infertile. I'm pretty sure I can see the spot at 8 o'clock, close to the edge, and it just looks like a spot, no bullseye. Hopefully your duck gets his species right soon.

sugarbush

Songster
11 Years
Jul 24, 2008
Lexington KY
Quote:That is good...it means that the problem is not with him, but rather that the hens are not accepting of him...yet.....

He will get it done.

The best way to tell if an egg is fertile is to incubate for a few days and candle.

Last edited:

Top Bottom