Is this a bullseye?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by silverfilly, Mar 18, 2009.

1. silverfilly

silverfilly Peepin N' Cheepin

Jan 25, 2008
    Kansas
    Just woundering if this is the bullseye everyone talks about as meaning its fertile. This is a duck egg.

[​IMG]

2. livin-green

livin-green Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Clay, Alabama
  3. silverfilly

Jan 25, 2008
    Kansas
    Thanks for that link, Unfortunetly i dont think its fertile [​IMG] my little drake had better get his job done, cought him yesterday tring to breed a chicken [​IMG] uhhggg wrong species little duck!

4. cowman910

cowman910 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    Suffolk County,NY
    maybe on the side do you have a better pic?

5. silverfilly

Jan 25, 2008
    Kansas
    No I already fed it to the dog but I think I was looking in the wrong spot, I was looking at the side by the white stringy stuff, sorry dont know the tech terms. Guess I could just put tomorrows egg in and wait 3 days and see. [​IMG]
    Was really hard geting a pic in my house, light is poor and the flash kept messing up the pic.

6. Chicktastic

Chicktastic Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2009
    Chapel Hill, NC
    [​IMG] Trying to breed the chicken!!!

OMG I never thought that would happen. Poor confused little guy.

I hope he figures it out soon.

7. silverfilly

Jan 25, 2008
    Kansas
    yeah and last year I lost all my pullets and my last 2 roos kept trying to breed the duck, did not have a drake then, now I have a drake and a duck and roos and hens and yet they still cant get it right! who knows maybe Ill end up with a duck/chicken hybrid...LOL ( i know thats not possible)

8. NurseNettie

NurseNettie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    Northern Maine
    I don't see anything looking like a bullseye. It would be ON the yolk or part of the yolk-- a small circle of slightly lighter colored yellow, anywhere on the yolk, with a yellow bullseye/ring in it. You'll know it when you see it.

9. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    It looks infertile. I'm pretty sure I can see the spot at 8 o'clock, close to the edge, and it just looks like a spot, no bullseye. Hopefully your duck gets his species right soon. [​IMG]

10. sugarbush

sugarbush Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Lexington KY
    Quote:That is good...it means that the problem is not with him, but rather that the hens are not accepting of him...yet.....

He will get it done.

The best way to tell if an egg is fertile is to incubate for a few days and candle.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by