is this a chicken?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by isabellapalomino, Jun 14, 2011.

1. isabellapalomino

isabellapalomino Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2011
    not sure where to post this but i guess i'll post it here. i got fertilized eggs from a guy who keeps his chickens with his pheasents, so now that they are about 7 weeks old i'm wondering if two off the chicks could be pheasents or if they are in fact chickens? the eggs he gave me where supposed to be bantam eggs. so here are the pictures of the two chicks [​IMG] this is my first time posting pictures so lets see if this works [​IMG]

2. isabellapalomino

Apr 2, 2011
    aww man, how do you post pics?

3. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    You can upload them by clicking on the upload button on the top of your BYC page and follow the directions there. [​IMG] Good luck!

After the upload is complete just copy and past the bottom link into the window.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  4. AccentOnHakes

AccentOnHakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    Chickens are the only birds with combs, so take a closer look at those birds of yours. If there's a comb, it's a chicken. Look carefully--it can be easy to miss a small pea comb. It's very unlikely that you have a pheasant/chicken hybrid, and even if you did it would likely not live long.

5. LeeshyDawn

LeeshyDawn Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2011
  6. isabellapalomino

Apr 2, 2011
    thanks [​IMG] they have combs, well i think they do [​IMG] one does at least, i'll have to check the other one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by